Ali’s DE&I journey began early in her career, and she’s been learning and applying new techniques and strategies in her roles ever since.
In this episode of backchannel, Ali tells us about PE’s diversity problem and how she’s trying to fix it, shares her strategies for dealing with the new normal for candidate behavior, and gives her tips on how to reduce job hopping for raises.
Here are some highlights from the conversation:
- Overview of Ali’s role (0:34)
- Strategies for dealing with new candidate behaviors that have become the norm (1:36)
- How to look at compensation and compete for great talent (5:10)
- Ali’s DE&I journey and current trends she’s noticing (10:40)
- How she’s bringing DE&I to portcos and her firm (14:56)
- Leveraging HR and People functions to track and measure effectiveness of your DE&I efforts (17:28)
- The importance of balancing talent acquisition with retention (20:36)
- The key to reducing job hopping for raises (24:45)
- The two recruiting practices Ali thinks should stop today (29:46)