The current job market has forced companies to rethink their hiring processes. Velocity is the name of the game, but how do you make sure you’re still running a comprehensive search and hiring the best person for the job?
In this episode, Steven Berman, Accel-KKR’s Director of Executive Search, talks about how he approaches the issue, how he actionizes his firm’s network, and why he’s not concerned about getting candidates to say yes to a job.
Here are some highlights from the conversation:
- Steven’s role at Accel-KKR (00:31)
- How Steven prepares for a search (02:25)
- Defining what success looks like (03:39)
- How to actionize your firm’s existing network (05:06)
- How to balance speed with running a comprehensive search process (07:26)
- Steven’s top challenge right now (08:29)
- How he’s addressing the challenge (9:46)
- Becoming a steward for executives and their career (10:22)
- Why he doesn’t worry about getting candidates to say yes (11:52)
- Competencies vs experience (12:47)
- Rethinking the unwritten rules of building a career (14:06)
- Thrive’s roundtables (15:43)